Monday, April 10, 2006

~Humility and denying yourself..do we do it?~

Something that has be hitting me a lot lately is that is God teaching me more about real humility and denying myself. Yes we need to be willing to humble ourselves to serve Christ and show Him our true love for Him.

Are we willing to step out?

Are willing to say God I don't care what they say.. I want to show you I love you God?
Are you willing?

In the dictionary humble means: Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.

In this passage we read about Peter Denying Jesus. In his pride, Peter said he would never deny Jesus, yet he was humbled by doing so 3 times. We need to move in the Place of humility so that the circumstances around us do not cause us to be humbled which is painful.

I know for myself God has def. broken down some walls in me. I don't even know what the walls were but I do know they aren't there anymore.

We need to go back to the basics, of just loving. Learning what it means to love and how to love. We have nothing if we don't have love. We need simplicity.. the basics.
Are you willing to let everything go and lay everything down before God?

Maybe stepping out of the box for you, is ministering to people you do or don't know. Maybe just laying quietly in the corner and listening for God's voice. Maybe it's something bigger than that. Maybe it's something inside you that you need to work with God. Maybe it's another step into your future where God is guiding you. Maybe it's walking by faith. Ask him what it is that He wants you to do. He will show you.

Luke 9:23-27

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

Are we willing to take up our cross and follow Him DAILY!?

This past weekend God was really speaking me to about humility and denying myself. I have to be honest it wasn't my kind of mission. Sorry Reed. But I did get stretched and I was challenged a lot. I am now different person. I have come to a place where I can fully worship God no matter where I am and be hit by the Holy Spirit. I was in church Thursday night, at the worship service. God was really moving in me and showing me new things. I did get hit by the Holy Spirit. A new beginning was made that night.

Saturday night Erin and I went out for a walk down town Fredericton. We were praying and singing at the top of our lungs. It felt so freeing to just let everything you feel about God out. People were walking by us wondering what our problem was but we kept worshiping. Why? Because we were not going to stop showing our love. We were not going to deny our Christ. We felt like shouting to Him.

hahah It's funny what love can do to people. Many times you are willing to humiliate yourself to show the love you have for your husband or wife. Your willing to take whatever people say so you can show your love to your loved one. This should be the same for us and God.

What are you willing to show your love?

Your zeal and your passion for Him where you are?

What are you willing to do show Him how much you truly love Him?

Remember .....He died for you.

Saturday I was willing to sing and pray the loudest I could. I let myself go and let God to whatever He wanted with me. I wasn't going to let myself deny Him.
I now challenge to look at your life. Are you denying Christ or yourself?
Are you willing to do whatever it takes to show your love to God your creator?
Think about what His son Jesus Christ did for you on the cross.
What are you willing to do for Him?

No comments: