Tuesday, May 23, 2006

~Romanced by The King of KINGS~



Alright so I know it has been a while since I posted anything.... I need to just take a break from blogging and computer life. Hah

What I want to share with you is something God has been really been sharing with me.

Being Romanced by the King of Kings

Ruth 3:1-13

One day Naomi her mother-in-law said to her, "My daughter, should I not try to find a home for you, where you will be well provided for? Is not Boaz, with whose servant girls you have been, a kinsman of ours? Tonight he will be winnowing barley on the threshing floor. Wash and perfume yourself, and put on your best clothes. Then go down to the threshing floor, but don't let him know you are there until he has finished eating and drinking. When he lies down, note the place where he is lying. Then go and uncover his feet and lie down. He will tell you what to do."
"I will do whatever you say," Ruth answered. So she went down to the threshing floor and did everything her mother-in-law told her to do.

When Boaz had finished eating and drinking and was in good spirits, he went over to lie down at the far end of the grain pile. Ruth approached quietly, uncovered his feet and lay down. In the middle of the night something startled the man, and he turned and discovered a woman lying at his feet.

"Who are you?" he asked.
"I am your servant Ruth," she said.

"Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer."

"The LORD bless you, my daughter," he replied. "This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor.And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character. Although it is true that I am near of kin, there is a kinsman-redeemer nearer than I. Stay here for the night, and in the morning if he wants to redeem, good; let him redeem. But if he is not willing, as surely as the LORD lives I will do it. Lie here until morning."


Yes this is a story about Ruth and Boaz. It tells about how Ruth approached him for a request in marriage. I think this story very beautiful. How the two came together. If you read on in from verse 13 you see in Chapter 4 Boaz and Ruth get married. He announces to the elders and all the people that he has made the commitment of having Ruth as his wife. I see this as something so beautiful. It's interesting to see how everything worked and watching God's desire for their relationship. Through it all the elders and people blessed them.

I look at this story and see a foreshadowing of God's Romance with us.

Ruth washes herself and perfumes herself for Boaz. This is something we constantly should be doing in order to have an intimate and romantic relationship with God. Ask God to purify us and wash us clean. Our worship is a sweet smell and fragrance with Him. It's perfume. Perfume is something known to be expensive. Something costly.
Ephesians 5:1-2

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Later on in verse 9 "Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer." This is a request for marriage. Ruth confronts Boaz in a request for marriage. If you look back in chapter 2 :12 May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." Now we see on the threshing floor Ruth asks Boaz to spread the "wings" ( the corners ) of his garment over her. Boaz begins to be reminded that he must serve as the Lord's protective wings over Ruth.

Now going back looking verse 9. This verse is repeated in Ezekiel 16:8

" 'Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.

This is a God's covenant to Jerusalem. I believe this is also for us today. Read that verse over again and look at it as if God is speaking to you. Isn't is amazing to think about how much God wants to have a deeper relationship with us everyday?

God is waiting for us to pursue Him more and more everyday. He is also waiting for those who have never pursued him before in their life. He wants intimacy with us. He wants to cover our nakedness. He wants to make an oath with us and enter into a covenant with us.

Are you willing to let God wash you clean and have your worship be a sweet perfume to God?

Are willing to lay everything down only to have a close, intimate relationship with the King of Kings?

Do you want to be romanced by the King of Kings?

I found this to be a beautiful story of two people that came into union under God's will. God wants us to come into union with Him. He wants us to love as he loves us. He wants us to have unconditional love pour out of us. Wow. Just take a second think about how big God's love is and that how big God wants us to love. It's eternal. Never ending love. He wants romance us with his love. He wants to have intimacy with us. He wants you to know the Father's heart. It's so important for people to understand this. It's something it's like yeah God loves and that it. We talk a lot about love and romance like it's nothing. It's become to us a broken record because love is something the whole world talks about and hears about but know nothing about it. This is why we must change that. We are called to be imitators of God's love. We must pour out unconditional love from within us. Jesus must always be our first love! Take that step and walk as Jesus walked! Live in intimacy with him, romance, and deep, deep relationship becoming stronger everyday.

Do you want a deep relationship with the King?

Do you want intimacy with the King?

Do you want to be romanced by the King of Kings?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I willing to let God wash me clean and have me worship be a sweet perfume to God? I AM
Many questions to dwell on throughout...wow- so much depth in this blog.

Am I willing to lay everything down only to have a close, intimate relationship with the King of Kings? Do I want to be romanced by the King of Kings? Do I want a deep relationship with the King? Do I want intimacy with the King? Do I want to be romanced by the King of Kings?

You betcha...continue to pray that I pursue these questions with a SINCERE heart, with HONEST intention- that it may not be just "off the tip of my tounge" and it may be a continuous process. Thank you for continually lifting me up in your prayers Jessie. I am praying that you may be "Romanced" as well in these coming months.

Thks.

Adam O said...

Jess, what a great post! It absolutely captivated me.
I want to be washed clean each day, and I want my whole life to be a perfume to the King of kings.

Erin said...

where are you...I am lonely and I miss you..