Thursday, May 04, 2006

~Let the Message ring out of us~

1 Thessalonians 1:7-10

And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. The Lord's message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.



When I read this verse what really caught my eye was the word rang. This is how we ought to be that we are so firmly planted that the message just rings out of us. The word rang itself means to anncounce or to proclaim. When we talked about the Gospel it brings beautiful sounds of ringing around you. The ringing sound of people talking about, “who is this Jesus?” and asking questions. That is beautiful sound. May we have the Lord's message ring out of us, that it would create chatter among the people. Through our faith may we become known everywhere, because of our life style that we choose to live for God. We choose to walk the narrow road. We choose to walk in the light, to be models to all believers and non-believers. We choose be imitators of Christ. We choose to be lovers to of the Most High.

Personally this is something I want for myself. For the message to ring out of me at all times. I want to be a bell that constantly rings. I do not want people to hear my words but I want them to hear that words God puts in my mouth and has me speak. I want to be a model to all believers and non-believers. I want to be know God in a whole new way every day. I want to be taken to a higher level of intimacy, a deeper understanding of who He is. I want to know Him face to face. I get excited every day to spend time with Him. I love my Lord Jesus Christ so much.


2 Thessalonians 3:1

Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.

Be a bell that constantly rings the Lord's message.
Let the message be rung!


Well that is a little something I thought I would share you with that was on my mind.

Be Blessed

3 comments:

Karen said...

Jessieee good post!

Anonymous said...

DING DONG! Let the message ring out! Can I get a C'MON?????

Jessica said...

Yeah C'mon! Can i get a SOMEBODY??!! Let the message be heard. LET THE RING OUT OF US!!!C;mon!!