Saturday, May 13, 2006

~My Mother's Hands - Happy Mother's Day~


Well it's mother's day so I thought I would write a poem for my mom. To all those other moms I wish you a happy mothers day as well. May God continue to bless you this day.


My Mother’s Hands…

My mother’s hands held me close from the time I was born
My mother’s hands fed me in my high chair.
My mother’s hands washed my clothes.
My mother’s hands cleaned up my messes.
My mother’s hands would be up all night with me, waiting for me to fall asleep
My mother’s hands had rules that you would not want to break


My mother’s hands helped with my school work
My mother’s hand would tuck me into bed every night
My mother’s hands would wash and brush my hair.
My mother’s hand would help me brush my teeth
My mother’s hand would wake up in the middle of the night because I was scared.
My mother’s hands would hold me tight and sleep with me until I was alright.
My mother’s hands would play Barbie’s and Lego with me
My mother’s hands would drive me from place to place
My mother’s hands would teach me how to ride a bike
My mother’s hands would play in the sand box with me
My mother’s hands would take me to the beach

My mother’s hands held me when I was crying
My mother’s hands would pick up the phone to hear my voice saying that I was homesick.
My mother’s hands make the best home cooked meals ever.
My mother’s hands are filled with love and affection for her family.
My mother’s hands are full of wisdom and experience.
My mother’s hands I love truly.
My mother’s hands are lifted high and up to worship our Heavenly Father
My mother’s hands serve God
My mother’s hands pour out purity
My mother’s hands…

Mom I love you and I thank you for everything that you have done for me. You are an amazing mother, and women of God. You are a great friend. Thank you for all you have taught me and shown me. May God continue to bless you, and show you more everyday. May God go deeper and deeper within you. I pray that you will know God more intimately everyday. I love you so much mom.

2 comments:

Karen said...

A woman

full of sin i come to your grace
with my jar
i wash your face

my tears so whole
my sorrow true
my life is sinful

i weep and you care
your feet are damp
wipe them with my hair

i praise you
i kiss them
what can i do

Jesus i wash your feet

Jessica said...

Wow Karen,
That is such a beatiful poem. I love it. May God continue to bless you always.