Thursday, February 16, 2006

Oh Thursdays....I love you.

I know that sounds a little off but if you were in my spot I guess you would know how I feel about them. From 8:30- 3:30 I have a regular day. Then at 4:00 there is a chapel service with communion that runs till 5:00. After chapel I leave right away to get in the car for my placement. I am placed at Church of the Good Shepherd. I lead youth group there. I get to the church probably around 5:30 and wait around for the kids to arrive at 6:00. Most nights Youth groups ends at 7:30 but tonight it's going to 8:00 because we are having a belated valentines party! haha. I'm really looking forward to it. I made chocolate chip cookies and valentines for all the kids.

There is a girl and her brother in the youth group who are moving away so it's going to be a good bye party as well. Boy I am REALLY going miss them a lot. In case you were wondering the kids in my youth are ages 8- 12 most of them are 10 and 11. I am really going to miss the youth group when I head home in May.

So back to my day... normally when it goes to 7:30 I don't get home till 8:00 but tonight I probably won't get home till 8:30. Oh boy it's going to be a loooong day. Tonight I am really looking forward to chapel because Dan Trecartin is coming in to talk and to do communion. When I go home in next weekend I hope to get some pictures up here and running and I will try to get a picture of my youth group to show everyone. They are amazing!! Anyways that's all for now folks.

I love you. Be Blessed

1 comment:

Adam O said...

Hey Jess!
I hope your party goes well. Sweet blog!
Peace.