Tuesday, February 14, 2006

~Love them...unconditionally~

Something that has been on my heart lately is that I am tired of how the church reacts to those who fall away from the Lord. The church turns there back towards them and act like they never even knew them. I find that to be immature and wrong at the same time. God has been teaching me a lot on unconditional love. I have had a couple of friends who have been dealing with a lot of stuff and people have turned their backs on them even the church has kicked them out, because of what they are doing. I do not understand why people do this. Do they no see that they are doing is exactly opposite of what Jesus did during His ministry days. Jesus went around and hung around with the "sinners" people like the prostitutes, the lepers, the tax collectors etc. We are to love these people not turn our backs to them. I know I have used this verse in my other blogs but it's so important....

Ephesians 5: 1-2. Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

We are to be true IMITATORS of CHRIST!!! We are to love those who are unloved. Love them just the way they are! You have no idea these people that God has placed in my life I have such a huge love for them. They know I love them and that I am here for them and that God is with them. There are very few people who care about them right now. This is one thing that bothers me because people are too focused on themselves and don't bother in helping out those who are lost and hated. The story of the lost son is a great example Luke 15: 11-32 just only past verses 20-32

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'

Jesus waits for our return to Him He wants that intimate relationship with us. For us we just wait patiently till our friend is ready to come back to Christ. All you can do is pray and encourage and most importantly love them unconditionally. God also commands us to love our neighbor as ourselves.
Matthew 22: 37-40 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

He's not just saying that He's meaning it. Meaning we need to love everyone. This was God first command. When we don't love each we don't love God fully...... wow. Think about that. Do you want an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ? You first need to love everyone unconditionally. Now I challenge you all to make a change in this and reach out to those in the church who are hated and lost make a change and love them.

Be Blessed my friends

I love you

No comments: