Saturday, September 16, 2006

~Like Father, Like Daughter~



God has been laying a lot on my heart lately. I have been in a major thinking mode lately. I am really enjoying it. It has been drawing me closer and closer to God. Questions pop up in my head like "How can someone serve the Lord and have many people be influenced by them in a good way and then walk away from God as if it was nothing?" Questions running through my head such as "where are their hearts?" It hurts me deeply because I truly love them and my heart breaks for them. People that I looked up and respected have fallen away or are being tempted.

One question that keeps coming to me is "What if all your friends left me Jessie? Would you still you follow me with all your heart?" I am at place where it's just God and I and I only know to know Him more. I don't want to ever get in a place where I depend on other people for faith or idolize their faith. I am thirsty, I want more.

I really think God is taking me back to a place of simplicity. I go to God and ask Him the simplest questions, but I ask because they are on my heart. I'll lay in my bed thinking and asking God why about so many different situations. I feel like a child asking her father why and watching him intensely so I can grow and be like him. I can’t even fully express the feelings I have right now. I feel like I am going to explode. I am so fascinated by Him.


Psalm 42:1-2
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

2 comments:

alyson.lw said...

Ha I read that verse the other night! I enjoyed it. Anyways, i enjoyed this blog because we were talking about this exact thing tonight.About like, depending on other people for your faith with god. And if everyone in your life was gone, and it was just you and jesus, would you still be able to keep your faith as strong as ever. Id like to believe I could, but it would be a tuffy. Anyways, I hope you get answers to all your questions :)

Karen said...

i think God is speaking to a lot of people in this way. like our talk the other night jess. yea...it's weird. anyway PTL baby! love you!