Saturday, September 02, 2006

~Eternity~


Something that God has hit me hard with lately is His eternity. There are simpley no words, pictures or actions that can show or describe eternity. As humans we will never be able to fully comperhend eternity.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I guess this has been on my mind a lot lately. Working at camp and having little 8 year olds saying " but Jessie, there has to be a begining and an end. It doesn't make sense!"
That is it! It simply does not make sense to us. The way humans think is that everything has a beginging and an end. Everything is born and everything dies. Everything ages and grows old. It's amazing what you can beging really ponder about when you have little 8 year olds asking you these questions. I have learned so much from my campers it's crazy. God used them to teach me about simple things that we often forget about.

I love the thought of knowing that God has been hear the whole time. Think about it.....
The WHOLE time. I really I don't think many of us stop to think about it enough. I mean truly thinking about God's eternity. I certiantlly don't think we give God all the credit He deserves.

The sky we look at night is the same sky God created when he first created the earth. Wow! That thought seriously brings chills up my spin. God is so big and creative. Think about it...... Who would come up with trees. Like look how they are shaped. Seriously it's crazy. Or a zebra! Now we are talking hahah the name alone is cool and then the colors. Wow God is not a boring God. Let's take a look at a giraffe. HUGE long neck and spots. Wow. Everything God created is beautiful. I really don't have a lot to share but I guess I wanted to more write down my thoughts. I guess I have a much more of a apperication of God's creation and His eternity. I love stopping and thinking about it. ETERINTY

5 comments:

Kristen said...

This drove me nuts as a kid! Also trying to figure out space (I couldn't look through telescopes sometimes), and arguing infinity!

alyson.lw said...

Thats an interesting subject to bring up. Not something we think about that often. But so true, you can not comprehend something that never ends. & I especaily enjoyed the zibras lol

gray said...

I like your bangs, stubby.

Jen said...

I like your bangs too....wait a minute, I think I missed something....what does your bangs have to do with this blog???

Shawn Branch said...

Eternity rocks!