Wednesday, December 12, 2007

~Words~

Are there words that really bother you when someone speaks them?

There are defiantly words that make feel sick inside when I hear people use them. I wish I could explain how much it makes me hurt when I hear certain words. I believe this something God is doing inside of me.

I have been thinking about it a lot lately. Why am I bothered my certain words? Then God brought this to my mind.



2 Corinthians 10:4-6
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.


The bolded text is what spoke to me. He said take every thought captive and make it obedient to me.

Maybe I sound too serious and I need to settle down. The truth is, is this is something that has been on my heart for a long time and I am choosing to stand on guard and take every word and thought captive in obedience of the Lord. Also when I hear someone calling me something that I do not agree with, I’ll be sure to let that person know. I know you might think it sounds lame. But there are certain words when I hear people use them they make me so angry when I hear people using them.

Why are we so quick to say negative words toward someone but slower to encourage them?

I have heard this saying over and over again before that it takes 10 words of encouragement to make up to for one discouraging word. This is true in many circumstances.


Basically I want my words to demonstrate Christ and who He is. I want people to see who Christ through my own language. It’s so easy for people including myself to fall into a place where we have ‘filthy talk’.

What is filthy talk? I am not the person to say what it is or is not. That is something for everyone to discern in their own lives. Filthy talk is something different for everyone.

Please do not get the impression that I do say anything bad or my thoughts are always good. That would be a lie. I struggle with this as much as many people do. But I want to try hard to watch what I say and think. There are days where I cannot think straight and my mind is consumed by thoughts of the world. Then I am reminded that God says my yoke is easy and my burden is light. I give over everything that is on mind and release it to Him. God is so great! He cares for us so much. Thank you Jesus!



Hebrews 3:1-3
Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.

I am sorry if I haven’t made any sense I just really needed to express myself. If you do understand what I mean or what I am saying that is ok.


Encourage one another and build each other up in the name of the Lord.

No comments: