Monday, December 10, 2007

~The Smell of God~

Last night Jen came over to my house. We hung out for a while and then we began to pray. In that time of praying I have felt anything so peaceful in my life before. Both Jen and I felt a thick presence of the Lord among us. It was a quite time of prayer. We just sitting or laying down and soaking and talking to God as things came to mind.




I was lying on my stomach and as soon as I sat up I felt this aroma hit my nose. I looked at Jen and I knew she smelt it as well. It was like the smell of spring and a wood smell and then mixed in was a perfume smell. We were experiencing the aroma of the Lord. We were both smiling and just laying there quietly breathing in this beautiful smell of the Lord. I have never experienced anything like this. It was amazing. I felt so much peace. I wish I could describe it better. God is so good. We never asked for this or anything. God blessed us by pouring out His smell on us. I haven’t stopped smiling! Thank you Jesus!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's soooo cool! I'm reminded of the Reed's story where he talked about the smell of the Holy Spirit- your descriptions definately match up! Intense.