Friday, January 26, 2007

~What Is On Your Canvas This Year?~

A couple of nights a go I was listening to a sermon on my laptop by Judah Smith. I found that God really spoke to me through this sermon. So I really want to share with you what God has put on my heart when I heard this sermon.

This is a new year. What does that mean though? With every New Year there are things that change, for the good and for the worse. Did you know that with every year it’s like we have this blank canvas, a new a fresh white canvas.

It’s exciting to think about a beautiful canvas every year. It’s up to us to find out from God what He wants to see on that canvas.

God gives us different seasons. It’s up to us to walk in obedience and walk in that season God has placed before us. As we walk out what God is calling for us on our lives then this will paint a beautiful picture on our canvas.

Now if we know what God is asking us to walk in and we don’t do it. Then the picture on your canvas will be blots of paints and it would really messy looking. It won’t be beautiful. Why is this? God wants us to be walking in the season He has placed for us.

We are His children and loves us, but it hurts Him beyond belief to see that His gifted and talented children are not walking in the calling He has set out for them.

I just want to relate these pictures together and how important it is for all to really press into God and His word and seek out what it is He has for us.

I think it’s important for all to ask the Lord what for in 2007?
What do want me to do?

As we seek after God more and more we become more intimate with Him. As you continue build a stronger relationship with God He will show you things that need to be taken away or possibly added on. God is our Heavenly Father. Like any Father is going to show us those things we need to put away.

For example when I younger I use play with Barbie’s, and dolls. I loved playing with them. As I grew older I came realize that I was getting too old to play with dolls. My mom decided to sell them at second hand store. After I got rid of them I felt better I even felt little older knowing I was ‘too old’ to still be playing to dolls.

1 Corinthians 13:11-12

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

It’s the same with us today. Sometimes we carry things on from when we younger that shouldn’t be carry on as we grow older.

For example if you saw someone my age playing with a toy truck you would think that is really weird right. Maybe that is a little extreme but sometimes we don’t even realize t but we might we carrying on things we have not yet put away.

It’s important that each when have blank canvas we not only to ask God what goes on that canvas but also to ask him what do I need to put because I am older now.

God might want you to put away some things in the physical. It could be CD’s, tapes, books, clothes, magazines, movies anything. It’s you and God.

God might want to put away things in the emotional. It could be different attitudes, your way of approaching people,

As put things away we grow more maturely and also grow more intimately with God because are obeying what He is asking us to do.
I know that there are thing God has already layen on my heart that He is telling me to get rid off and to put.
He's showing the seasons I am to be walking. It's exciting, challenging, strentching all at once. Through it all we grow to know Him more which is so much better than anything else.

There are two questions I really want you two think about and leave with. I also want you to try to take time and ask God these questions as well.

1. What does God on my canvas this year?
2. What do I need to put away this year?

Take these questions to God

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've b een listening to a lot of Judah lately. The Holy Spirit rocks him.


Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie
you have me wondering about the canvas, like is the canvas he's painting now really huge, or is it really tiny, and really its not as much about the size of the canvas as it is the detail and colour found in the painting. I know i'm going to end up dreaming about this, thanks :O)

Anonymous said...

YEAH. lots of stuff to think about. Thank you Jessie...more importantly,...thank you Jesus for your revelation.

Hilary Ladd said...

good stuff...it's interesting, because I have been feeling the need to shed off the old lately and to bring in the new. It's nice to see it put into words. Now I understand the thoughts and emotions that have been tumbling around the old noggin!

Bless you, sister:)

Amy said...

Amen :)