Tuesday, January 02, 2007

~Cleaning Out My Closet~

Happy New Year's Everyone!!!

Family time, Turkey, leftovers, game night every night, chocolate everywhere, late nights, many conversations, knitting with my older sister, movies…bad ones... and good ones, an exhausted dad day on Christmas day (he had 4 serves to do within 24 hours), and a family that is thankful to be together during Christmas and celebrate the wonderful birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and wait for His second coming.

It has been really interesting for me lately. I have been in the midst of cleaning out my room. I am actually really enjoying it. I am doing this because I really do not have any other time to do it other then the one month I am home in the summer. I have been finding all sorts of different things....papers, old poems I wrote when I was in elementary school, old notes I would write to friends during class, old dolls, and toys, pictures I had drawn( ha I was amazed with my drawing abilities at that age).

I felt like I walking through the very stages of my childhood all over again. There were pictures of me when I was all of 3. I saw a picture of myself and my best friend Holly when I live in Quebec. Oh it brought back so many memories. As I looked at all the things on shelves, in my closest it brought back the simple mind set I had about life. The imagination and the things I would believe triggered within me. I had such a creative nature.

One other I have been experiencing is how important it is to stay in touch with friends. I miss all my high school friends and I wish I had the chance to stay in touch with them. I do what I can by talking to them online. I wish I could spend time with them. There is only so much one can do. Part of it is that we have really grown apart. I know and understand that they are in different places in life but I wish they would see how important this is to me.

I am also realizing how important it is to stay in touch with those who don't go to school with you and live outside of the city and/or the province. I came to realize that I have been doing a horrible job at staying in touch with people. I think a lot have a hard time with this ... or am I on my own. What I want to do for myself is get into the habit of e-mailing and staying in touch NOW so that when I leave college and am out on my own I hope that I can still stay in touch with my closest of friends.

I am sorry to all my friends that I have done such a bad job in keeping in touch with all of you. Please forgive me. I really want to do a better job at staying in touch with everyone.

Well that is all for now folks. May God Bless you in this New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C'mon!!!