Monday, February 12, 2007

~Meeting Them Where They Are At~

It's been a while since I last posted something. I just thought I would share with you want God is doing in my life. As some of you already know I try to go to Tim's on Tuesdays to talk with people about Jesus. I find that this experience has been so stretching for me. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and stepping into someone elses so I am able to meet them where they are at.

Last Tuesday I went to Tim's and I sat on my own for a while. After reading a book for a little while I spent some time looking at the people around me and praying for them. I asked God to make an opportunity where I can talk with someone. As I continued to pray my eyes kept getting drawn over to this one side of the restaurant. I saw that there was a man sitting there all by himself. He had been there for a while. He was probably in his late 60's early 70's. I felt God wanting me to talk with this man. So after sitting there and trying think things over in my head, such as how am I going approach him, what am I going to say, I finally I got the courage to get up out of my own seat and sit down with this man at his table.

I asked him how he was doing and if it was alright if I sat here with him. We talked about what he does for a living and what I am doing in school. Also I told what I would be doing after I graduate. It was a very short conversation because his friend came for him to pick him up. As he left I got up to leave as well. I got outside and at first I really bummed out because I felt really disappointed that I never got to share the gospel with or even talk to him similar interests. As I lelt Tim's praying for this man God reminded me of something.


What God reminded of was, I said just enough to that man for him to understand who I was, what I believed in, and what I do. Also God reminded me that I what just did was awesome. It's not everyday where someone of my age would sit down with a stranger much, much older than they are and give them the time of day to just listen to them. I felt God really encourage me after that because I felt really down for a little bit. I wasn't sure if what did was right. God just completely encouraged me. He reminded me of what I was doing and how rare it is for someone to talk with a stranger. I left praising God and praying for the man I met at Tim's.

Thank You Jesus for all that people I have met and all the opportunities you have created and are creating. You are so good!!

1 comment:

Marie-Hélène said...

Jess!!! you're engaged!! Congratulations! I am super happy for you guys. Tell us all about it. Better yet maybe I'll call you. :)