Tuesday, June 13, 2006

~Be Submersed into Prayer~

Something God has been really hitting me with lately is many scripture verse about prayer. I am so drawn to these verses, about people praying all night or gathering together to pray for a certain issue. People immersed in prayer. Interceding for other people. I know i have the gift of intercession and I love getting together to pray. I see that as a very important thing for the church, to come together and pray and intercede for others as well as minister to one another.

Immersed - To cover completely in a liquid; submerge, to baptize by submerging in water.

The sad thing is that many people do not know what prayer really is. Pray is not just something you do when you go to bed at night and give God your grocery list. Ex. God thank you for Bob, Betty, Tom, and the list can go on. Prayer is something from the heart. It's what you’re feeling and you share those deep feelings with God. Prayer is a way of communication with God. Think about it.... when you pray your praying to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. That amazes me; that we have that opportunity to pray to our King whenever we want. God waits patiently only to hear our voice go out to Him. He wants us to talk to him and as we wait he will respond to our prayers.

Prayer - is converse with God; the intercourse of the soul with God, not in contemplation or meditation, but in direct address to him.

Don't you see? God wants intimacy with us! In order for us to have intimacy with God we have to be able to give everything over to God, in doing that, we have prayer to God. We must stop limiting God to our satisfaction. He is much bigger and much more powerful then what we can ever comprehend. Sometimes we limit God saying “this problem is to big for God." or " there is no way God can heal me". Right there that would be someone putting limitations on God. I thinking that God doesn't believe in ceilings in heaven because if your in a room with a ceiling you can only jump so far before you hit that ceiling but you this God there is no ceiling... there is no limit. He wants more of us!

Our God is a God of healing, power, and authority. He is a God of LOVE! We must limiting God!!! Take that leap of faith and say I KNOW GOD I WILL do this!

Some verses that really spoke to me....

Acts 12

So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.


When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying. Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. When she recognized Peter's voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, "Peter is at the door!"

These takes place when King Herod arrested Peter and put him prison.

Acts 6:3-4

Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word."



Now remember we are the light of the world.

Matthew 5:14-15

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

We must keep our lamps burning and bringing oil to them always.

Exodus 27:20

"Command the Israelites to bring you clear oil of pressed olives for the light so that the lamps may be kept burning.


Exodus 30:8

He must burn incense again when he lights the lamps at twilight so incense will burn regularly before the LORD for the generations to come.

Daily incense coming from the lamp stand. The incense is our prayers. Oil only comes from tending the lamp daily.

Are you a fragrance unto the Lord?

Are you tending your lamp stand?

Pray, spend TIME in the presence of God, and in time you will birth a new and higher level of intimacy with God because your spending TIME with Him. Him...God...Your first love.

As soon as we stop limiting God and BELIEVE that God can use us then we can do the works of healing, prophecy, casting out of demons, words of knowledge, words of wisdom etc. Remember faith without deeds is dead.

Psalm 2:8

Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

Colossians 4:2

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Can we say that we do that enough or at all? I know that we will come to together on certain occasions to intercede together but remember Paul says pray continually. We must be submersed in prayer.

Last night as I was having my time with God before I went to bed I was praying to God. I remember I had this vision of this huge fountain with water rushing out from the top and the whole thing was FULL of water. The water was still and glistened in the light. I saw myself go over to the fountain and step right into it. Then I saw God's hand on my head. As His hand was on my head I went all the way in to the water. The word I got as I was in the water was be submersed into prayer. So it's like submersing into water. He wants us to be ALL the way in not just at ankle level. He wants us to take that leap of faith.

What do you think?

What is God saying to you?

Are you limiting God?

Are you an incense to Him?

Do you want intimacy with the King?

Well I am going to end there. That is something that has been burning on my heart for a while but I needed time to make sense of it. I hope everything in this blog is readable and makes sense to you. May God Bless you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually looking over all of this I realized that you could do a whole week or month of dwelling in those scriptures focused on what it means to be sumersed in prayer...I might take that up, it definately interests me.