Tuesday, February 26, 2008

~If You Were an Icon....~


I have been thinking a lot lately. What have I been thinking about? The Church, Christians, school work, excited about getting married....

I have thinking about a lot of different things. I realized that for anyone who is not a christian and reads my blogs.....they would probably think I am a nut case for Jesus. I have come to accept that and know I am ok with whatever people choose to think of me. I have been told that I am a weirdo, nut case, Jesus freak, off the wall, and whacked out all because I am a christian and I love Jesus and I love writing about Him. If you are not a christian and you have been reading my stuff and have found them offensive or whacked out....well ... I am sorry I am not going to stop writing about the love that burns so deeply inside of me.

What has been bugging me lately? Is what non-christiana think about God or His church. I mean ya... some of the things they see about the church are true....but does that mean they should shut off everything to do with it. It's hard for me to understand because I stand in a totally different place then they do. I have a relationship with Christ. My heart breaks for them. My heart breaks for God's church. I pray that God's church would rise up to be that vast army of God it should be.

Church of Canada rise up! We are doing a horrible job at representing Christ to this world. Why do you think non-christians are turned off at coming to worship on a Sunday morning? Because they believe "church" is all about rules and guidelines. What they do not know is that Jesus doesn't care about what you DO he cares about our heart. He wants our heart more than the things we choose to DO. Yes Jesus does love seeing us do things for him but before he sees us do things for him he wants to see where our heart is.

If I sound angry...I am. I have a holy angry burning inside of me. I feel so broken for the church and for all the unbelievers. GAAAHHHHHHHH I wish I could express what I am feeling right now.

Here is a question to think about....I was in class today and my teacher asked this question: If you were a computer icon what you look like?



Think about it...
I know it's kind of funny... but it made me think .. how do I represent myself. If someone had to pick a computer icon for me what would they pick?

No comments: