Wednesday, February 27, 2008

~ A Cup of Coffee and a Blank Piece of Paper~

I have found lately all I want to do is sit in café with a hot cup of coffee and write. As I sit there words, feelings, and emotions would come to mind. What would I write about? I don’t know maybe something fictional or something true, something real. Who knows? My point is all I want to do is write. If I cannot find time to write, I would love to sit on a bench outside and read a book for myself. So often all I have been reading is text books. I would love to sit somewhere away from the business of life and read or write for myself.

It’s a cold late February morning. There is snow and slush everywhere. I guess that is expected when you choose to live in the Maritimes. One thing I can say is I look forward to moving out west where snow is almost non-existent. I look forward to new surroundings, new adventures, a new house mate (Christian), new people to meet. I look forward it all. I am very excited!

Yet there another side of me that is feeling sad because I know I am feeling leaving all of my comfortable surroundings, I am going miss the people I have known for years, I going to miss the family feeling about the Maritimes. I am going to miss the authenticity of it, I am going to miss cold winters, I am going to miss kitchen parties, and I am to going miss everything about the Maritimes.

I have mentioned this to a couple of people before and they have said to me don’t worry Jess you are going to love it out there. I do not doubt one bit that I will love it. The thing that is going to be hard for me is that I am entering into a place where I do not know anyone expect Christian. I am not going to be able to just walk next door and hang out with Jen Fry, or drive home for the weekend and see Jen Mac. I am realizing that it is going to take me a while before I feel comfortable there and find good solid friends.

In all my feelings about leaving I look ahead to see this exciting and wonderful future with Christian. I am happy I am entering this time of my life with him. I am happy I am going out west with him. I am happy for this change in my life.........WEST COAST HERE I COME!! Spring is almost here and I am eagerly waiting to see DRY grass on the ground. I am eager for warm sunshine and the sound of birds singing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I'm HAPPY UR HAPPY! haha. Good post babes.