Thursday, August 02, 2007

~Uncommon Grounds, Uncommon Summer~

It's has been a while since I last posted anything on here. A lot has been going on.



As most of you know I am in Pennsylvaina working in a cafe here. God has been showing me so much. I wish I could word what my heart feels. I look around and I see a lot of heart broken people, but I also see hope in their eyes for this place. I see a lot people who feel unloved and worthless. That is why they come to cafe so people who love Jesus can love on them. I am telling you, it has been an amazing yet heart breaking experience as I have been hear. There have been times I cry myself to sleep on the behalf of other people who do not know the love of Jesus. Children as young as 5 years old are running around by themselves at 11 or 12 at night. God has been teaching me a lot as I have been here about so many different things. Somethings He is teaching me have been really, really challenging and some amazing! I have to say though that I am glad that I am here experiencing what I am experiencing and that God is opening up my eyes to new things. I have so many stories to share and I wish I could write every one out for you.....but if I did that I think my hands would be very sore.



A theme word of phrase I am learning about this summer would probably be something like "servent leadership". How do we do that? What does it look like? How am I doing it now? What can I change? Things like that run through my head. What do you think about servent leadership?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting, for those of you reading Jessie's blog, for me to tell you that this summer Servant leadership has been on my heart as well. The most amazing thing is, is that God gave me the opportunity to talk on Servant Leadership with some kids at Camp (ages 15-18)- and when you speak on something, you learn so much about what you're speaking on! After preparing for my talk, I broke servant leadership down into 8 sections- this is what we need to realize to be Servant Leaders.

I. REALIZE THE CALL TO BE SHEPHERDS!
II. AN EAGERNESS TO SERVE!
III. BE AN EXAMPLE- NOT A PREACHER!
IV. HUMILITY IS KEY!
V. LEARN TO CAST ALL OUR CARES ON HIM
VI. HAVE SELF CONTROL
VII. ALWAYS RESISIT THE DEVIL!
VIII. REMAIN FIRM IN THE FAITH!