Monday, May 28, 2007

~Go West Young Man~



It’s has been a while since I last wrote something here. Today I woke up very early. I woke up at 4:00am and headed to the air port. Why? My fiancé (Christian Gowan) left today on the plan to B.C. He’s going to be working in the church out there. He’ll be a parish evangelist there. He’ll be doing Saturday night services. The services will be more relaxed and laid back. They will be aimed at families with children and youth as well who don’t have families in the church.

In the mean time I am still in New Brunswick this year finishing my last year of Taylor. I am not going to see Christian for 11 months. I don’t count on seeing him during the Christmas break because we all know that it is really busy in the church during Christmas. The next time I see him for sure for sure though is April 2008 a couple days before my grad and then a week and a bit before we get married. Exciting!!!

I am really excited for Christian. I think God is going to use Christian to do some amazing things. I am looking forward to hearing all the stories. Am I sad that he is gone? Of course! It was really hard saying good bye and knowing I am not going to see him for 11 months. I find my comfort in Jesus Christ. Yeah I cry but I am also extremely happy that he’s out there. I know it all sounds confusing. I can barely write down what my heart is feeling because there are so many different emotions running through me right now.

I think it’s going to be a hard year yet amazing year for the both of us. It’s going to be hard that we are both so far away from each other but it’s also going be amazing for us individually. I know God is going take us both to an even deeper level of intimacy. I am SO excited for that! I am so hungry for more God as I write this blog. I just want soak in His presences.

One thing I do ask is that anyone who reads this that you would keep Christian and I in your prayers this year. I am sure some of you know that being separated from the one man or woman you love is very hard. All yours prayers will be well appreciated. Thank you.

2 John 1:3

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.

1 comment:

Catherine Morris said...

Hi Jess,

I will keep you both in my prayers. Isn't it wonderful that we are able to do all things through Christ who gives us strength?

Congrats on your engagement. I didn't know! I hope to see Christian soon now that he's out here in my neck of the woods.

Love in Christ,
Catherine